Here is a selection of Q&As from Your Hampshire and Dorset Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. I'm getting married just before Christmas, how can I add extra sparkle to my bridal look?
A. Adel Tchavdorova says: Adel says: The festive season is all about the sparkle and embracing the time of year offers some lovely options for brides when it comes to their wedding jewellery. It's important to make choices to complement your style of dress, for example, if you're wearing a less traditional dress, more contemporary jewellery will work well. If you've chosen a theme, look for specific pieces to reflect it. For example, snowflake jewellery from Swarovski is ideal for a winter wedding. Here are a few more ideas to add some extra glitz:
- Cluster and pavé diamonds are very delicate but still have sparkle and suit most brides.
- If you're not used to wearing a lot of jewellery, opt for something dainty with a delicate chain but with enough glitz to shine. Small diamond initial pendants are subtle yet beautiful and can be worn together with your partner's initial or on a separate chain for a layered effect.
- Floral designs go really well with lace detailing.
- Don't be afraid to add colour to your jewellery to complement the tone of your dress. Aquamarine or blue topaz are gorgeous; great for an icy theme.
- If you're wearing individual pieces they don't need to be a matching set. Different earrings and necklaces can complement each other and really stand out to make a statement.