If you're tying the knot in the winter the weather may be chilly outside but you can still be the radiant bride of your dreams. Here's how, with top tips for the perfect winter bridal look from Hampshire-based make-up artist Laura Crowther of Ooolalabeauty.
- Exfoliate and moisturise your skin well in the weeks leading up to your wedding to ensure the best base possible for your make-up.
- As skin naturally dries out in colder weather, using a hydrating primer will help to prevent dry and flaky patches.
- A silicone-based foundation is ideal for the winter months. Not only great for mattifying skin and controlling shine, it should endure the elements better.
- Most people are prone to red blotches when the weather's really chilly, so be prepared by using a higher coverage foundation than usual.
- Avoid chapped lips by using a balm, beeswax ones are ideal as they soak in well and leave a protective coating. On the big day, a liner will help to define your pout and if your lips are particularly dry, use a primer and lustre lipstick, as opposed to a matte one, which can have a drying effect.
- Use an eye primer and waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Also, when choosing eyeshadows, it's worth looking into a waterproof cream for extra staying power.
- A liquid highlighter will add a natural-looking glow.
- Set your make-up with a finishing or setting spray. Look for one with hydrating qualities, as this will enhance your glow.
- Experiment – sometimes a pop of colour can offset paler skin. A plum or red lip works particularly well for this.