You can't fail to be impressed by the picture-perfect gardens at this Tudor manor house wedding venue. A jewel in the region's crown, it's seven miles from Dorchester in the heart of beautiful Thomas Hardy country. As well as countless amazing photo opportunities it's totally private too as the venue is closed to all other visitors when there's a wedding taking place.Wander through the stone walled gardens and enter the Great Court, with its yew pyramids and sunken lawn, a quintessential English setting for croquet and garden games post-vows and the magic doesn't stop there. Venture into the subtropical garden and be prepared for more stop-stare moments. Suitable for weddings large or small, the venue boasts five distinct settings all licensed for ceremonies and with a character and style of their own.
* The Great Hall dating from 1485 at the heart of Athelhampton House.
* The Chamber, an elegant 16th-century drawing room, perfect for intimate weddings with up to 30 guests for your 'I dos' followed by a formal meal afterwards.
* The versatile Long Hall in the Coach House, great for dining and dancing.
* The Conservatory within the enclosed Coach House courtyard which together with the Long Hall and bar can host up to 300 family and friends for an evening party.
* Last, but not least, the glorious gardens; 12 acres of magical big-day backdrops some architectural, some natural, many with ponds and fountains for stunning photos all year around. You can marry outside with up to 200 loved ones and celebrate afterwards with a drinks reception and informal dining for as many as 300.
We love... that you can tailor your day to suit you with the help of the venue's friendly and experienced wedding team.
Contact: 01305 848 363 | athelhamptonweddings.co.uk
Athelhampton House & Gardens, Athelhampton, Dorchester, Dorset DT2 7LG