Here is a selection of Q&As from Your Hampshire and Dorset Wedding magazine. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Q&A's on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
It’s party season! Add extra sparkle to your big day with help from local experts.
Q. We want to lay on a celebration for all our guests to remember with wow-factor décor and styling without breaking the bank. What can you suggest that's effective and budget-friendly?
A. Hannah Dodds says: Adding a touch of glitz and glamour doesn't need to cost a fortune. We find that a combination of personal touches and working with talented suppliers helps achieve the desired effect. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking:
- Hire sequinned tablecloths (one on every other table will save on costs), or black ones dressed with intricately folded napkins for a chic, stylish look; we've even created dinner-shirt designs, complete with gem buttons!
- Inexpensive photo frames can look fabulous with specially designed signage.
- Use champagne saucers rather than flutes for extra glamour.
- Create atmosphere using tea lights in sparkly metallic holders.
- A touch of glitter and spray paint can turn old jars into the perfect vessels for flowers or tea lights.
- Have a dress code and ask your guests to don their finest black-tie attire for a glamorous coordinated look!
- Provide sparklers for the ultimate send off.
- Work with your cake maker and florist to incorporate glitter and metallic effects.
- Our chefs can even add a splash of 'gold dust' to the dessert plates to really elevate the luxe effect.
Q. I'm newly engaged and about to embark on shopping for my dress. What are your top tips for a showstopping look?
A. Kelly Willers says: This eye-catching beaded extravaganza is sure to draw gasps! Embellished with more than 4,200 beads, style 894 by Martina Liana definitely has the wow factor! The Art Deco-inspired elegant sheath silhouette has the perfect mix of glitz and glamour for a stylish big day. All eyes will be on you, as this lace and tulle over imperial crêpe gown gently skims the body, cinching in at the waist, oozing elegance and sophistication. The beadwork creates a mixture of lines, floral designs and latticework, while the sequins create a sophisticated and subtle sparkle that shimmers with every step you take! You could complete the look by wearing your hair in a beautiful up do with a signature hairpiece, perhaps a beaded or diamanté comb placed above your bun or hair roll to frame your style!
Q. We're pulling out all the stops for our big day and want the food to look as good as it tastes. Any ideas?
A. Sally Ann Pickles says: One of the current trends is to add vibrant stunning colour to your dishes, for example marry up your bridesmaids' dresses with a lavender dessert, match the groom's tie to a cocktail or have a starter to complement the best man's suit. It may sound wildly wacky but these are all things we've done over the past year. Nowadays, there's plenty of scope to be as inventive as you like with the wedding food and put your own personal stamp on your special day, which is what it should all be about.
Q. We love the metallics trend and want to incorporate shimmery touches throughout the décor for our winter wedding. How can we reflect this in our stationery?
A. Claire Harding says: Add some razzle dazzle allure with the look of authentic hot foil finish. Rose gold will give a delicious warm appearance and it's especially attractive as a romantic alternative to pink. Whether it's blush, pink or rose; the underlying significance of the revival of rose gold is that it represents love and will be on trend for a while yet.
For a chic, sophisticated effect, think nude shimmery papers layered with soft silver tones, gold and oyster, married with a cool grey marble effect and beautiful calligraphy. For something classic, black thermograph (raised ink) script on crisp white cotton board with elegant flourishes is a timeless favourite. To add a touch of sparkle, Swarovski crystal gems come in various shapes, cuts and colours. Use sparingly though for your on-the-day menus and place cards for glamour and unrivalled style.